[aspell-devel] cygwin no-go with latest

From: Jan Wells
Subject: [aspell-devel] cygwin no-go with latest
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 10:27:27 -0400

Perhaps other messages are available on the subject, but I cannot locate
such as those.  So, this post/question.

Can apsell really be compiled under cygwin?  I've tried without
success.  Sadly, I know neither C nor C++ and somedays am pretty much
all thumbs anyway.  Odds of getting aspell going on my machine under
cygwin may, therefor, be remote.  Still, if there's an easy fix, that
would be wonderful.  Last few lines captured from the console window
are as follows:

Creating library file: .libs/libaspell-common.dll.a
.libs/speller.o: In function `_Q27acommon7SpellerPv':
/home/jan/src/aspell-0.50/common/speller.cpp:13: undefined reference to `acommon
::CopyPtr<acommon::Config>::Parms::del(acommon::Config *)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libaspell-common.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jan/src/aspell-0.50/common'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jan/src/aspell-0.50/common'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

If this means something to someone and you can provide pointers
I could follow I'd be grateful for sure.  Regardless, three
cheers for aspell and all those who have built it.

Thanks.   -- Jan Wells