[aspell-devel] Loadable Filters and Context scipping

From: Christoph Hintermüller
Subject: [aspell-devel] Loadable Filters and Context scipping
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 19:28:11 +0200

Hi
While seeking for a possibility to spellcheck the stringas and commentaries
in 74 c/c++ sourcefiles without manually skipping all the code allready
"spelle" by gcc i came accross the todo and sugestion lists of aspell

especially i found the todo about the loadable filters
and the sugestion about the context skipping

To my opinion the later is solved by solving the loadable filter problem
as this would also allow to add filters which extend others in order to
handle subcontexts correctly

eg: Comments in C sources may contain a special format and special commands
     which are used by doctools like doxygen or docbook to generate manuals

    and Documentation

assume a Filter handling the commentary context allready exists then this
filter could be extended by a second filter examining the found word wether
it is a command for doxygen which would start with a `@' or a `\'

To shorten this if out there is someone knowing which sourcefiles of
aspell/pspell to look at
i'll have a look at the loadable filtersupport the next days and as a first
loadable filter i'd do the context skipping id call it rather context
switching for c/C++ strings and comment blocks including subfilter for
doxygen as i would need this myselve :)

cu
Christoph Hintermüller

ps: meanwhile I'll try to upgrade my aspell from somithing .33.7.1 alpha

--
It doesn't matter what you are
it matters that you are yourself