Re: [aspell-devel] Loadable Filters and Context scipping

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Loadable Filters and Context scipping
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:47:22 -0400 (EDT)

[I cc this to aspell-devel, please also CC aspell-devel]

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Christoph Hintermüller wrote:

> > It is possible to do this sort of thing within the existing filter
> > framework to a limited extent.  Please see the devel docs for documentation
> > on the filter interface.
> It is possible .
> It simply would imho mor efficient if the filter could tell aspell to skip a
> certain ammount of char without counting whitespaces :)

My point was that it is possible to tell Aspell to archive the same
effect, of skipping a bunch of characters instead of blanking them out,
within the existing framework.

> If there it is fairly difficult to extend char(whitespace skipping mechanism)
> to charammount skipping i surely will create a Version on blanking basis.

You should design your filter so that it will be able to work via either
method.  See the url filter for a better example.

---
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org