[aspell-devel] need help modifying configure to generate .lib ... so a M

From: DH
Subject: [aspell-devel] need help modifying configure to generate .lib ... so a MSVC program can call a MinGW DLL
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 04:57:17 -0700 (PDT)

I beseech your assistance in modifying `configure'
or whatever else I need to modify (don't really know)
so that I can follow the advice given in

http://www.mingw.org/mingwfaq.shtml#faq-msvcdll

to generate (a|p)spell .lib's

I need to generate the .def, and then I can use
microsoft's lib tool to generate a .lib

I can generate the .dll's just fine (by running configure then make),
but the configure script is too much shell for me.

Please help, since it should be just a matter of a few extra compiler options
( gcc ... --output-def,pspelldll.def ... )