Re: [aspell-devel] ANNOUNCE: GNU Aspell 0.50.2

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] ANNOUNCE: GNU Aspell 0.50.2
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 01:22:08 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Brian Nelson wrote:

> Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Aspell 0.50.3 is now Available.  This release contains several minor
> > yet important bug fixes among other things.
>
> I noticed that when I run the aspell binary, I see:
>
> Aspell 0.50.3 alpha.
>
> Is this really an "alpha" version, or did you simply forget to remove
> that text?

Well all my Aspell versions I have considered alpha.  It doesn't really
mean anything except that I haven't reached a point were I would consider
Aspell done.

> BTW, what's the status of the aspell-en DEC wordlist license debacle?
> Last I heard, RMS was going to ask you to remove the offending
> wordlist.  Do you plan to do this?

After looking at the effect of removing the word list I have decided to go
ahead and do so.  It will happen in the next release which will be out in
a couple of weeks or perhaps longer.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org