[aspell-devel] aspell and ispell, pspell compatibility, latin dictionar

From: m.tarasiewicz
Subject: [aspell-devel] aspell and ispell, pspell compatibility, latin dictionary and acronyms?
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 21:25:37 +0100

hi list.
i have to create a perlscript, which checks a given text on occurances of
other languages.
i have some sort of importance-list, so checking in this given order should
only pass on the words that are not found in the language directory.
    german
    english
    french
    latin

my problems now are, that i didn't find any latin dictionary for use with
aspell.
any suggestions?
i just found
http://jpsn.free.fr/mlatin/index.html
which is not quite the dictionary i need, and it is for ispell.

so what about compatibility from ispell and aspell respectively pspell.
which dictionaries can i use with aspell, and how to convert other
dictionaries to be aspell-compatible?

another issue is the modules for perl i use
http://search.cpan.org/author/HANK/Text-Aspell-0.02/Aspell.pm

on a debian system istalling this module with cpan gives me still an error
message saying
Aspell.xs:7: aspell.h: No such file or directory
allthough
aspell
libaspell-dev
libaspell10
libpspell4
libltdl3
is installed (woody/stable)

i wanted to ask the list before trying to install from sources.

and my last problem: acronyms and custom acronym dictionaries.
is there some sort of acronym-dictionary existing for common acronyms in the
german language? and how could i use/create a custom acronym
dictionary-file?

thanks for your help, i'm quite stuck in finding answers for days.
matthias tarasiewicz

--
"wuerde gerne heimgehen, bin aber schon da"
http://5uper.net