Re: [aspell-devel] Aspell C API

From: Christoph Hintermüller
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Aspell C API
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 15:24:53 +0200

Am Samstag, 9. August 2003 00:23 schrieb Bill Moseley:
I'm not quite into capi asmy part in past was to extend and enhance aspell
filter interface bu  i'll try to answer your question as best as i can.
> My question the other day was if there was an API to the code that
> splits the text (so you could pass in a string of words).
Hm I think this woill not be in future as the entire speller should be
usable for any program event those using a speller as addin library or
module for spelling semi binary documents and texts ( M$ alike
wordprocessors ....).
These programs do the textspitin on their own. Further as i understand the
concept of aspell the spelling it selve is word or at max (in future)
phrase based. So why including the text splitting into a spell checker
library. The only thing Kevin or who wever might be in charge of decision
could  split the spellchecker programm named aspell, hosted from within
the prog directory into a user interface frontend, a plaintext document
spelling middleend interfacing the allready existing spellchecler backend
implemented by libaspell.

So far i sugest do textspliting you self.

Hope that helps.

It doesn't matter what you are
it matters that you are yourself
It doesn't matter who loves you