Re: [aspell-devel] I'm interested in Thai language spelling check in Asp

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] I'm interested in Thai language spelling check in Aspell
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 05:24:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Vee Satayamas wrote:

> I'm interested in Thai language spelling check in
> Aspell.

Great.

> Is it posible to add word segmentation module to
> aspell?

Yes.  But the problem is that the dictionary and the word segmentation
needs to be closely integrated.  Currently the tokenizer and the spell
checker have very little to do with each other.

It is going to take same serious work to get Aspell working well with
Thai as parts of Aspell architecture are going to need to be redesigned.
Do you think you can handle it?  How good are your C++ skills?

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org