[aspell-devel] The two MakeAlwaysEndEnumerationParms template classes ar

From: Gary Setter
Subject: [aspell-devel] The two MakeAlwaysEndEnumerationParms template classes are
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 17:29:13 -0600

In enumeration.hpp, we have two template classes that VC6 can not
distinguish between. Justifiably, it issues an error. I plan to
submit a patch to remove the second template, the one that uses
the first template to make a pointer version. The second template
is not being used.

Can anyone tell me why the second was defined?

The code:

  template <class Value>
  struct MakeAlwaysEndEnumerationParms {
    Value end_state() const {return Value();}
  };

  template <class Value>
  struct MakeAlwaysEndEnumerationParms<Value *> {
    Value * end_state() const {return 0;}
  };

The errors:

c:\projects\aspell\trial\common\enumeration.hpp(115) : error
C2989:
'address@hidden@' :
template class has already been defined as a non-template class
c:\projects\aspell\trial\common\enumeration.hpp(115) : error
C2988: unrecognizable template declaration/definition