[aspell-devel] How does Aspell calculate the score of each suggestion?

From: Mamatha Balasubramanian
Subject: [aspell-devel] How does Aspell calculate the score of each suggestion?
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 16:25:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
I emailed the aspell-user group and did not get any response, therefore
I'm emailing the developers group. I am trying to write a program that
compares the suggestions made by aspell with a user-provided list of words
and their frequencies (the no. of times the word appears in a certain
document), and come up with a suggestion by taking into account both the
aspell score and the frequency.

I had a look at the suggest.cpp code and was lost trying to figure out how
the scoring algorithm works. If anyone has a written a patch that gives
the score of the suggested words, would you please pass it on to me? Or if
some one has the algorithm figured out, can you please send me the
algorithm used? Thanks a bunch!

MB