Re: [aspell-devel] "Ignore all" broken.

From: Lute Kamstra
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] "Ignore all" broken.
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 00:19:21 +0200

Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, 19 May 2005, Lute Kamstra wrote:
>
>> I use aspell on Debian testing.  "aspell --version" shows me:
>>
>> @(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.60.3-20050121)
>>
>> I use "aspell check test.txt" on this file:
>>
>> ,----[ test.txt ]
>> | Unknownword
>> |
>> | unknownword
>> |
>> | unknownword
>> `----
>>
>> Then I type "I" at the first word "Unknownword" and at the second word
>> "unknownword".  Now aspell questions the spelling of the third word
>> "unknownword" and even suggests "unknownword" as an alternative.
>
> Please file a bug report and I will look into it ASAP.

I just did.  Isn't the information above enough to reproduce the bug?

I first read Aspell's texinfo documentation; it doesn't mention bug
reporting at all.

Then I read Aspell's website to find out how to file a bug report.  It
mentions "Sourceforge Tracker" as a way to report a bug.  I tried to
use it but it requires me to log in.  I don't have an account on
Sourceforge.  Creating an account involves reading the "Terms and
Conditions of Use" and the "Privacy Statement" (both quite lengthy)
and thinking about whether I want to agree to them.  I don't think it
is reasonable to expect that people do all that just to file a bug
report.

Personally, I don't want to create an account at Sourceforge, so I
decided to post to aspell-devel instead.

Regards,

  Lute Kamstra.