[aspell-devel] Spellchecking Indian language documents

From: Gora Mohanty
Subject: [aspell-devel] Spellchecking Indian language documents
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:25:28 +0100 (BST)

Hi,
  As I still cannot find a front-end that supports
aspell 0.6, and displays Indic characters correctly,
I started writing a Python front-end, using Pango to
display Indian language text.
  The initial tests in grafting a Python interface
to the C API using SWIG look good. However, I am
confused about something simple in spellchecking
Oriya text. When using aspell_speller_check() from
the C API, it seems that aspell does not automatically
convert from UTF-8 to its internal format for Oriya
(encoding u-orya), but leaves that up to the caller.
Could someone confirm that this is indeed the case?

Regards,
Gora

Send a rakhi to your brother, buy gifts and win attractive prizes. Log on to
http://in.promos.yahoo.com/rakhi/index.html