Re: [aspell-devel] 0.60.3 fix for missing math functions on link

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] 0.60.3 fix for missing math functions on link
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 20:55:47 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, Tim Mooney wrote:

[I'm not subscribed, please Cc: me on any replies]

Aspell 0.60.3 uses several math-related functions (log, sqrt, floor), but
doesn't check to see if an external library (e.g. libm) is required to
satisfy those symbols.  This results in undefined symbols when creating or
linking against the shared library.

The fix is easy -- have configure check to see if libm is needed to satisfy
any of these symbols:

OK, but I think just one test will suffice. The "sqrt" function is probably a good choice....

If you don't think checking for a single function will suffice than they should be combined into one test.