[aspell-devel] Question on aspell-is

From: Mikel L. Forcada Zubizarreta
Subject: [aspell-devel] Question on aspell-is
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 08:48:21 +0100

Hi there,

I am reviewing a paper on Icelandic Language Technology for a
conference and they don't mention free Icelandic spell-checking. I found
that there is an Icelandic package for aspell, aspell-is. I am going to
mention this, but I would like to know whether it would be possible to
convert the aspell data to other formats, such as hunspell or myspell,
so that it could be used, for example, with OpenOffice.org.

Also, I think it could be used as a basis to build a morphological
dictionary for our free Apertium machine translation platform. I tried
to inspect the package myself and I found that most of the information
is inside a .cwl (compressed word list) file. After uncompressing it
with preunzip, I get a word list, such as the one expand would generate.
Is there an affix file available for Icelandic?

Any help would be welcome

Mikel L. Forcada

--
Mikel L. Forcada                    E-mail: address@hidden
Departament de Llenguatges          Phone: +34-96-590-9776