Re: [aspell-devel] Re: aspell 0.60.6 on Windows and using libaspell with

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Re: aspell 0.60.6 on Windows and using libaspell with SciTE
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 00:34:28 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 13 May 2008, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
address@hidden wrote:

 -------------- Original message ---------------------- <snip>
> the LyX project has long solved the Windows packaging problem by
> forking Aspell.
 <snip>

 -------------- Reply ---------------------------------- It may not be
 my place to ask, but why didn't the LyX people submit patches so that
 we could have one aspell that works for Unix and Windows? Gary Setter

We of course did that (More exactly Peter Kuemmel did), a long time ago:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1507425&group_id=245&atid=300245

Those where against CVS head and not Aspell 0.60.*. Probably the main reason I didn't take that much interest in them, also you didn't give me a clear patch to apply rather a zip file and a bunch of steps to follow.

You can by the way find the patches for MSVC and Mingw in our svn repo:

svn://svn.lyx.org/lyx/lyx-devel/trunk/development/Win32/patches/mingw/aspell-0.60.4.patch
svn://svn.lyx.org/lyx/lyx-devel/trunk/development/Win32/patches/msvc/aspell-setter-sep06.patch

Joost, are they the latest ones? And by the way, do you still use the original CMake files by Peter? Or something else?

I attach these two patches as they are not too big.

Ok now we are getting somewhere. These look like there are more than compile fixes. What features are they adding. I take they are both meant to be applied.

OK, I tried to trigger (again) a discussion about this issue in the hope that the Aspell project would integrate our modification.

I try to look over your patches in the next couple of days.  See above.