Re: [aspell-devel] Greek aspell dictionary

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Greek aspell dictionary
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 18:00:58 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016, Theodoros Foradis wrote:

I am in the process of adding the greek dictionary package for aspell at
GNU guix. I found out that on the official mirrors of GNU, you do not
provide the latest version of the greek dictionary.

Except the the English dictionary, those dictionaries are really out of date. As a single person I just don't have the time to actively maintain it. Most authors prefer to just provide a version on there own site and I don't have the time to keep track of the status of the many dictionaries available for Aspell.

I found this version at <http://http://www.elspell.gr/aspell> , the link
for non-greek speakers is prodived at "εδώ". It is being used by
Arch/Parabola already, as the greek dictionary for aspell.

I contacted Steve Stavropoulos, who is the maintainer of the greek
dictionary provided at that website, and he asked me to contact GNU
aspell to update your version to that one.

The dictionary package looks good so I uploaded it.

Kevin