[aspell-devel] Need help on compiling aspell-bn (bn-BD)

From: Pavel Sayekat
Subject: [aspell-devel] Need help on compiling aspell-bn (bn-BD)
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 18:52:52 +0600

Dear Team,
When I tried to re-create aspell-bn (bn-BD) using aspell6 by compiling like the following

$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/aspell co aspell-lang

$ cd aspell-lang

$ ./pre bn u-beng

$ cd bn

$ ./proc create

This will create configure script and Makefile.pre and finally copy the word list file to working directory and name it as .wl. Word list file contains list of words seperated by new lines. And then

 $ ./configure
 $ make (/usr/sbin/prezip-bin -d < bn.cwl | /usr/sbin/aspell  --lang=bn create master ./bn.rws)

But when I run "make", it prints many error messages and warnings like the following 3 types,

Warning: The string "হৃৎযন্ত্র" is invalid. The Unicode code point U+09CE is unsupported. Skipping string.
Warning: The string "হড়্‌কাইত" is invalid. The Unicode code point U+200C is unsupported. Skipping string.
Warning: The string "ক্ল্যারিজ" is invalid. The Unicode code point U+FEFF is unsupported. Skipping string.

though I do get a bn.rws file but it does not include all the words listed in bn.wl.

I am using parabola-arch x86-64

"pacman -Qi aspell" returns

Name            : aspell
Version         : 0.60.6.1-5
Description     : A spell checker designed to eventually replace Ispell
Architecture    : x86_64
URL             : http://aspell.net/
Licenses        : LGPL
Groups          : None
Provides        : None
Depends On      : gcc-libs  ncurses
Optional Deps   : perl: to import old dictionaries [installed]

If you can help me to correct my mistakes please. I am including the error.log also.

I guess I need to do something with the u-beng.txt in the maps folder but I am not sure.

Regards
Pavel Sayekat
<address@hidden>