Re: Questions about alternative dicts..

From: Sudhakar Chandrasekharan
Subject: Re: Questions about alternative dicts..
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 11:34:23 -0800

Kevin Atkinson wrote:
> Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:
> > * Should I be packaging each alternative dictionary in each available size
> > into a package of its own?  I mean should I have seperate packages for
> > british_small, british_medium, british_large, ..., american_small etc.?
> > What exactly is the difference between the various sizes?  Is it speed or
> > size?
> The diffrence is size.  This dictinaris are almost identical to the
> ispell dictionaries.  From ispell's README file:

I have decided to package the medium sized alt dictionaries for each
language.  It seems the person who packaged ispell for Debian did the same.

And now for another question.  What is aspell-0.27/data/english.wl ?  Is it
the same as aspell-dicts-0.10/<something> ?  The development of aspell and
aspell-dicts seem to unsynchronized.  Would I be ending up with any
problems if I build a aspell.deb package which does not have a
/usr/lib/aspell/ ?  Basically my aspell.deb package would depend on a
virtual package called aspell-dictionary.  aspell-english, aspell-american
and aspell-altamer would all be packages that provide the aspell-dictionary
virtual package.

S.
--
Moe: Come on.  Don't take this so hard, Homer.  You still got that other
kid, Lisa.  Let's, take her hunting tomorrow.  Make her into a man.