Best way to Share Read only Data between processes.

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Best way to Share Read only Data between processes.
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 06:22:26 -0500

Could some of the unix programers on the list give me some hints as the
best way to share readonly memory between processes.  Specially I would
like for multiple aspell processes to be able to share the main word
list.  Is formatting the data file so that it can be directly read into
memory without any processing and using mmap the best bet?  Or is there
a better way?
--
Kevin Atkinson
address@hidden