[aspell] sample use of aspell as a library?

From: Michael A. Schoen
Subject: [aspell] sample use of aspell as a library?
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 13:23:41 -0800

I'm trying to use aspell as a library in an application. I understand that the C library is currently under construction, but I'm wondering if it's still possible to use aspell as a library in a C++ application.

I've tried going through aspell.cc, but I'm having trouble -- in particular I'm pretty unfamiliar with the use of templates.

My use of aspell will be of the most trivial kind. All I need to do is to spell check a string, and get back an array of strings of the incorrectly spelled words. My goal is actually to include this in a Java application (using the native interface), so my usage would look like...

    Aspell aspell = new Aspell(); // instantiates a "manager" component, and does whatever initialization is required.

    String foo = "this is a stringg I want to check";
    String[] errors = aspell.check(foo);

And in this case errors would have 1 element, of the string "stringg".

Does anyone have any simple sample code I could leverage to accomplish this?

thanks,
Michael