Re: [aspell] ./configure and rope container bug

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell] ./configure and rope container bug
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:26:07 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Ales Kosir wrote:

> I wonder whether it is possible for the configure tool to take care a
> bit of this. May I propose, that the configure checks for the buggy rope
> header file stl_rope-30.h, and if unpatched file is present, then at
> least informs the user about the need to patch it. Even better solution
> would be to automatically copy system stl_rope-30.h file in the
> aspell/src directory and apply the patch here. This will fix the bug.

Yes that would be nice.  I just have not figured out how to do it.  If you
submit a working patch I will consider it.  If you care to fiddle with it
you will need to download the CVS version of libtools, HEAD branch.

> In that way the installation of aspell will become more friendly on some
> popular systems lacking correct rope container. These systems include
> some modern and popular distributions of Linux.

True but the latest compiler does not have this problem so sooner or
latter this will become a mute point.

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net