[aspell-user] Re: Suggestion for aspell: per-document dictionaries

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: [aspell-user] Re: Suggestion for aspell: per-document dictionaries
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 08:42:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Someone wrote:

> It's often useful to have a per-document dictionary, as if you'd fed the
> wordlist it contains to the "accept for this session" function. Is there a
> way to do this already, assuming you're *already* using a personal
> dictionary (there doesn't seem to be a way to have multiple personal
> dictionaries)?

Aspell doesn't have a per document dictionary mainly because there is no
real good way to store them and also because it will add more complexity
to the user interface.  However, if you wish you can have a per-document
personal dictionary and also use your normal personal dictionary by doing
the following:

aspell --add-extra-dicts=~/.aspell.english.pws --personal=<per-doc-dict> ...

This will cause all words added to a personal dictionary to be stored in
the per-doc-dict but will also USE the words in your normal personal
wordlist.  This is the best Aspell can do for now.

Perhaps in the future I will have an option to save the session word list.
Which will probably be closer to what you are looking for.

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net
http://www.ibiblio.org/kevina/