[aspell-user] Re: Suggestion for aspell: per-document dictionaries

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: [aspell-user] Re: Suggestion for aspell: per-document dictionaries
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:10:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Someone wrote:
>
> > It's often useful to have a per-document dictionary, as if you'd fed the
> > wordlist it contains to the "accept for this session" function. Is there a
> > way to do this already, assuming you're *already* using a personal
> > dictionary (there doesn't seem to be a way to have multiple personal
> > dictionaries)?
>
> Aspell doesn't have a per document dictionary mainly because there is no
> real good way to store them and also because it will add more complexity
> to the user interface.  However, if you wish you can have a per-document
> personal dictionary and also use your normal personal dictionary by doing
> the following:
>
> aspell --add-extra-dicts=~/.aspell.english.pws --personal=<per-doc-dict> ...

That should be:

aspell --add-extra-dicts=~/.aspell.english.pws --personal=./<per-doc-dict> ...

to forse <per-doc-dict> to be in the current working directory.  With out
the ./ it Aspell will look for it in the home directory.

> This will cause all words added to a personal dictionary to be stored in
> the per-doc-dict but will also USE the words in your normal personal
> wordlist.  This is the best Aspell can do for now.
>
> Perhaps in the future I will have an option to save the session word list.
> Which will probably be closer to what you are looking for.

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net
http://www.ibiblio.org/kevina/