[pspell-user] Making Pspell and Aspell fully relocatable

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: [pspell-user] Making Pspell and Aspell fully relocatable
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 04:42:14 -0400 (EDT)

[CC to pspell-user in case others are interested]

Here is how I plan on handling the relocation issue with Pspell and
Aspell:

1) The PWLI files will no longer require the absolute path.  Instead just
the dictionary name can be used.
2) When compiling Pspell and its Modules (ie Aspell, etc..) a special
compile time flag can be specified "need-relocation" which will allow
Pspell and its Modules to know if it the compiled in paths are correct.
3) A special PspellConfig option "prefix" will change the prefix for
Pspell and its Modules only if it is compiled with need-relocation.  This
will avoid the problem of trying to relocate a library that is already
installed in a standard location and not provided by OpenOffice.

I hope this will work for you.  Please let me know what you think.

BTW: Is there anyway for a shared library to determine where it is
currently located.  If so them perhaps 2 and 3 will not be necessary as
Pspell and its modules could figure out for them self where they are
installed and if necessary adjust the paths.

--
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net