Re: [aspell-user] Aspell requirements

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-user] Aspell requirements
Date: Sat Jun 15 14:37:02 2002

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Dennis Lin wrote:

> >None of these files should be necessary.  Aspell deals with the missing
> >files by throwing exceptions which are suppose to be caught, however some
> >version of gcc do not handle the exceptions correctly.  Thus Aspell
> >crashes.  What compiler are you using (gcc -v) and what type of system are
> >you on.
>
> I'm running Source Mage (a compile-it yourself distribution) on an Athlon
> Thunderbird 1.2 GHz.  My version of gcc is:
>
> Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/2.95.3/specs
> gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)
>
> While trying to debug the problem, I noticed that the exceptions didn't look
> like they were being caught at all.    Perhaps there's something else wrong
> with my system?  I'm using libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 and glibc version 2.2.5.
> I am thinking about changing linux distributions...

I remember other people having this problem.  Unfortunately I don't remember
how it was fixed.  You might try upgrading to Gcc 3.1 although there might
be some minor compile problems as I have not tested Aspell on this
compiler.

Other than that I don't know what to tell you.

---
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org