Re: [Aspell-user] "No word lists can be found . . "

From: Neil Hodge
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] "No word lists can be found . . "
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:17:06 -0800

Thorsten:

At 02:42 AM 1/18/2003 +0100, Thorsten Maerz wrote:

Hi Neil,

The wordlists are meant to be located under following dirs:
  aspell config data-dir
  aspell config dict-dir

No problem.  So I tried the following command line:

aspell --data-dir=~/usr/local/share/aspell --dict-dir=~/usr/local/lib/aspell check README

and I get the error:

Unhandled Error: ~/usr/local/lib/aspell/en-only.rws: The file "~/usr/local/share/aspell/iso8859-1.dat" can not be opened for reading.

Well, that's because the iso*.dat files are not in ~/usr/local/share/aspell, they are in ~/usr/share/aspell. For some reason, it seems that aspell is looking at inconsistent directories for some reason. Any ideas how to fix this?

>From your X-Mailer header I assume you talk about the win32
port. In this case, point the installer of the wordlist to
the same directory as aspell.

Sorry about that. :) I am trying to get this running on a Sun workstation that is running sunos 5.8. I typically don't send email from that machine.

Also take a look at the docs, local or at
http://savannah.gnu.org/download/aspell/manual/user/4_Customizing.html

I did look at those already, but I will check out the above link again.

Thanks.

Neil