[Aspell-user] lyx

From: Agapito
Subject: [Aspell-user] lyx
Date: 05 Apr 2003 08:19:45 -0500

I have poured of the net for WEEKS in a search for a solution to this
problem but I am getting nowhere - help would be appreciated.

I am running lyx 1.2.3 with aspell 0.50.3

My problem is that trying to spell in portuguese leads to an error
amounting to:

"/usr/lib/aspell/portuges" is not in the proper format.

There is a discontinuity between the spelling for the file "portugese"
as opposed to "portuges" but I believe thats fixed with a soft link.

The Aspell documentation kind of suggests a aspell.conf file can be used
to configure some user requirements but details are slim, and no such
file is on my system.

Any ideas?