Re: [Aspell-user] `advisor' not in British English Dictionary.

From: Lars Aronsson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] `advisor' not in British English Dictionary.
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 00:33:17 +0200 (CEST)

Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Once again, I realise the dictionaries aren't aspell's responsbility but
> have trouble finding where to report such things too.  A pointer would
> be appreciated.

I think perhaps dictionary building should be part of a spell
checker's responsibility.  And not only personal dictionaries, but the
central official one.  When I add a new word to my personal
dictionary, the spell checker could give me the option to submit the
word as a suggestion to the official dictionary through a simple HTTP
transaction.  A similar HTTP transaction could ask the central
repository for any new updates.  Most computer users are online today.
Still most free spell checking software behaves like the 1970s.
The URL for these HTTP transactions should be part of the
configuration for a language.  A company could have an internal server
for terms and product names.

--
  Lars Aronsson (address@hidden)
  Aronsson Datateknik - http://aronsson.se/