[Aspell-user] Aspell crashes (Win32)

From: Jan Šváb
Subject: [Aspell-user] Aspell crashes (Win32)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:25:40 +0200

Hello,
I'd like to ask you, whether you've already had similar problem and how did
you solve it.
When I call function new_aspell_speller() and some requested files are not
present, the program crashes with message from Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Library "Runtime Error! Abnormal program termination". By requested files I
mean any of files in /data directory (config data-dir), quite surprisingly
even the files specific for some languages (for example enaglish dictionary
needs files en.dat and en_phonet.dat, so spelling for other languages runs
OK, but when I load aspell with language set to en, it crashes).
Checking for presence of all required files doesn't seem to be good
solution. It would be much better to reconfigure/rewrite aspell to simply
return error.
Thank you for answer,
Jan Svab