Re: Antw: [Aspell-user] [Q] "Sorry, this is an invalid choice."

From: Rafael Jimenez
Subject: Re: Antw: [Aspell-user] [Q] "Sorry, this is an invalid choice."
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 15:30:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003, Christoph Hintermueller wrote:

> > ./configure --disable-curses && make
> > make install
> Do i get your right that yo are disablin curses support as you only want to
> use pipline interface to aspell. ??
> Or do you simply disable curses as you haven't installed it yet? (from the
> saying below i do assume pipline interface)

I am using Aspell from the shell, in the following way:
aspell -c foo.txt

> > I can tell which word is mis-spelled because it is sarrounded by stars
> > (*), but when attempting to pick one of the offered choices, I'm told
> > "Sorry, this is an invalid choice." This seems to happen only with
> > numerical arguments, since the letter options such as 'x' or 'b' are
> > recognized.

I have eliminated the --disable-curses flag, and I have noticed that *it
is possible* to change the misspelled word by using:

With: <Option number> INTRO

I have to say that I didn't think of this before (Sorry!). The reason is
that in other versions of Aspell I have used (.32.6 alpha) this was not
needed, and pressing the option number directly would make the
substitution. In addition, it is a difference of 1 vs. 3 keystrokes, which
for a bad speller like me is a lot :)

My question is:

Is there any way to change this behavior to avoid having to press the 'r'
key, so that it is possible to use the option number directly (one
keystroke only)?

Thanks.
-R