[Aspell-user] Win 32 Install and PHP

From: Blaine Lang
Subject: [Aspell-user] Win 32 Install and PHP
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 19:13:48 -0400

I've done a search on these list archives and multiple google searches to
try and find a a good how-to-install of aspell for PHP 4.3 on a Win32
platform. But I've not been successful and was wondering if someone could
point me in the right direction or answer these questions. Here is what I
have done so far.

I have a Win32 XP platform for development
I don't have the Cygwin environment installed.
I just want to be able use the PHP built-in pspell functions
I've installed the Full Installer GNU Aspell-0.50.3 (win32)  from here:
http://aspell.net/win32/files/Aspell-0-50-3-3-Setup.exe

I then installed the pre-compiled dictionary for English. I have a
aspell.exe now but I think I need a library that PHP can include to support
the pspell API functions. I don't see a DLL that I would configure as an
extension.

I've tried a simple PHP app and believe this is all I need to initate a
quick test to see if the API's will work.
<?php
    echo "<H1>Spell Test Program</H1>";
    $mySpellConfig = pspell_config_create("en");
?>

Thanks for your help.