[Aspell-user] Configuring personal dictionaries ...

From: Rama, Subu
Subject: [Aspell-user] Configuring personal dictionaries ...
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 07:47:38 -0800

Dear list members:
  This is my first encounter with aspell and I have two problems.

I have version Aspell 0.50.4.1 compiled with gcc-3.3.2 running HP-UX 11.00

1. I disabled curses in the configuration (due to some SIGSEGV problem).
When I run
aspell check against a document, it shows me the list of replacements.
However, it doesn't
accept any input at the ? prompt.

It just comes back with "Sorry that is an invalid choice!?"

The only way to get out of the program is to kill it.

2. I am trying to add some personal dictionaries with abbreviations,
acronyms etc.
It doesn't let me use any words with special characters in them.

For ex: P/N   (this is short for part number and I don't want to change that
word).

How do I get it to accept as valid what I want .. since that is what I want
? :-)

Thank you
Subu