[Aspell-user] deparasitante shows depression but not parasito

From: Fritz Mueller
Subject: [Aspell-user] deparasitante shows depression but not parasito
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:25:34 -0400

Dear aspell-users,
Dear Mr. Atkinson:

I am using a selfmade spanish dictionary from a
raw wordlist scoping keywords of my webproject.

One runs on RedHat 8.0 with aspell_.33.7.1
another on RedHat 6.2 with aspell._28.3

The dictionaries were compiled on either machines
with:

aspell --lang=mylang create master ./mylang < my_raw_words.txt

Things do work well so far, but there is/are cases where I
would like aspell to spit out more:

E.g.: looking for the word "deparasitante", brings up
"deportista depresiones depresíon diprosone prostata próstata"

but not "parasitos parásitos parásito parasitario" ,
where the part "parasit" would be much closer than in "depresión".

Is there any way how to convince aspell about my observation ?

TT in advance,

   Fritz