[Aspell-user] Re: [aspell-devel] New Aspell Dictionaries: ia mt nb nn sw

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: [Aspell-user] Re: [aspell-devel] New Aspell Dictionaries: ia mt nb nn sw tn tr wa zu
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 04:59:24 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, James Lee wrote:

> On 30/03/04, 00:40:39, Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden> wrote
> regarding [aspell-devel] New Aspell Dictionaries: ia mt nb nn sw tn tr wa
> zu:
>
> >   Interlingua (ia)
>
> The licence for this is the same file as Afrikaans, is this is correct?
> From the Interlingua distribution:
> "The Aspell Afrikaans dictionary is based on the MySpell One..."

Oops.  I will fix the Copyright file shortly.  It is under the LGPL by Ove
Hanebring.

> >   Norwegian Bokmal (nb)
> >   Norwegian Nynorsk (nn)
>
> Please, can someone explain how the "no" dictionary fits with "nb" and
> "nn"?  I thought "Norwegian" was either Bokmal or Nynorsk, so what is
> in the "no" dictionary?
>
> Both "nn" and "no" contain the files norsk.alias and norwegian.alias
> so there is a clash.

>From nn/doc/NOTES:

  This Norwegian Nynorsk Aspell dictionary was originally "no" but this
  was ambiguous, so it was changed to "nn".

  The source word list is the same as in Version 0.50 but version 0.50.1
  was created from expanding the MySpell dictionary and not the Aspell
  one.  As a result the Word List is slightly different.  I am assuming
  that the MySpell expansion is more correct.

If you look closely you will notice that the no/ directory is really a
symbolic link to nn/.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org