Re: [Aspell-user] Relationship between nb, nn and no dictionaries

From: Torstein Sunde
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Relationship between nb, nn and no dictionaries
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 23:38:46 +0200

Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> UGH!  Sorry about this mess.  Please have a look at:
>
>   http://aspell.net/aspell-nb-0.50.1-0.tar.bz2
>   http://aspell.net/aspell-nn-0.50.1-1.tar.bz2
>
> And make sure everything is okay.

In aspell-nb-0.50.1-0/doc/NOTES, please change line 2:
-was ambiguous, so it was changed to "nn".
+was ambiguous, so it was changed to "nb".

> [...]
> The new alias are:
>   nb: no norsk bokmal bokmål
>   nn: nynorsk
>
> The "norsk" alias is there for ispell compatibility.

There's no longer any "norwegian.alias".  I don't know if it's needed
for compatibility, but _if_ it is, it should be under "nb".

AFAIK, those aliases aren't used by the apps I use with Aspell (Pan
[through Gtkspell] and Sylpheed-Claws), so I won't encounter any
problems in this respect, if there are any.

Thanks for the prompt action, BTW!