Re: [Aspell-user] New User Help

From: Fritz Mueller
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] New User Help
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:36:44 -0400

address@hidden wrote:

I am new to Aspell.

I have been asked to write a spell check/suggestion tool for a website
search page (similar to what Google does when you misspell a search
term).

I am using PHP which has some functions for aspell.

I have found that the main dictionary installed on my server returns too
many matches for the types of misspelled words I will be dealing with.
This search function is for a product database. I would prefer to create
a dictionary file from words in the product database.

So far I have successfully setup a personal word list and added to it,
but that doesn't prevent the master dictionary from returning
suggestions.

I am running:

International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell .33.7.1 alpha)

I tried the following

aspell --lang=en create master ./en_US-custom.multi < wordlist

I implemented exactly what you are trying to do with
WBOSS as frontend to aspell.

To build your own dictionary you will have to create
an own language file.
instead of   "en"   -> "myown"   or so.

Than run aspell against your own wordlist:
aspell --lang=myown create master ./myown < wordlist

copy the "myown" into your aspell-dict-library

and

run aspell with:

aspell -a --master=myown

and you will see that it works.

       FRitz

BTW: I read the f* manual and it worked out at once ;-)