Fixed patch for Ispell.el (Re: [Aspell-user] Possible patch to make Emac

From: James J. Ramsey
Subject: Fixed patch for Ispell.el (Re: [Aspell-user] Possible patch to make Emacs' Ispell minor mode work with Aspell 0.60)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:26:48 -0700 (PDT)

--- "James J. Ramsey" <address@hidden>
wrote:
> Big problem. When I went to changed my revised
> version
> of ispell.el to add the features from the patch at

<ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/ispell.el-aspell-0.1.diff>,
> I discovered several very dumb bugs in my additions.
> fixed them; however, one of those bugs hid the fact
> that contrary to what I had thought, I cannot change
> the encoding Aspell uses on the fly, so piping "$$cs
> encoding,utf-8" does *not* work. I can work around
> this, though.

Ok, this issue is fixed now. Aspell is now
automatically killed and then restarted with the
proper "--encoding" command line option if the coding
system  Emacs uses for the buffer does not match the
coding system used for communicating between Emacs and
Aspell (provided that ispell-auto-detect-encoding is
non-nil).

Also, the features from the patch at
<ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/ispell.el-aspell-0.1.diff>
have now been added as well.

> Another problem. Piping "$$ra
> mispelledWurd,correctedWord" doesn't seem to cause
> ~/.aspell.en.prepl to be updated.

I ran "echo '$$ra mispelled,misspelled' | aspell -a",
and ~/.aspell.en.prepl did not update. This looks like
a bug in Aspell.