[Aspell-user] Special Characters in the front

From: casandra01
Subject: [Aspell-user] Special Characters in the front
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 04:02:09 +0800 (PHT)

I've tried searching the email archives and one a question posted that relates to my question but that person didn't get a response (on file anyway.)  (Link: http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/aspell-user/2003-01/msg00013.html )  Basically, I'm trying to add a word that has numeric values in front of it, ie: 24hours.  I added the set of numbers to the configuration as special characters so that blind3mice and so in accepted.  I noticed however that whenever 2 or more special characters are placed in from of the word, such as 24hours, it doesn't work.  On the other hand, 5days, blind35mice and so on works.  It looks like its specific to 2 or more special characters in the front.  I get the following error:

Unhandled Error: The word "24hours" is invalid. Does not contain any letters.

I was wondering if anyone here has found a work around to this?  Is this something I can fix by changing any of the language or config files?  One thing I tried was adding a letter to the front of words which start with 2 or more special characters but I'm unsure what effect that will have on aspells performance.  I'd appreciate any feedback you all can provide.

Mark