[Aspell-user] AWLI Files

From: J/
Subject: [Aspell-user] AWLI Files
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 16:48:24 -0700

My host recently upgraded aspell and for the strangest reasons I can't seem to
get PHP to recognize my custom installation of aspell.  Even when I explicitly
configure it with --with-pspell=/home/j/aspell  it ends up default back to the
system aspell.  At least that's what it appears to be doing, since it can't
find my custom dictionary files which the aspell binary in my custom install
can find just fine.

So, I'm looking at having the host (they're willing to help me out here) put in
AWLI files for my dictionaries.   I tried it locally but I just can't seem to
get it to work.

My understanding is I would put in the directory where it's normally configured
for reading the dictionaries the following file:

ar-default.awli

which contains:  /home/j/aspell/dicts

And in /home/j/aspell/dicts   I have an ar.multi   which in turn points to
artists.local  which is my local dictionary.

I've tried formatting this file and the file names differently, but
/home/j/aspell/bin/aspell --master=ar  either core dumps and tells me it's an
invalid file.  Or it can't find the dictionary.   And the PHP just doesn't work
for it.

Thanks for the help!

J/