Re: [Aspell-user] AWLI Files

From: Christoph Hintermüller
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] AWLI Files
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 11:01:09 +0200

Hi
Am Samstag, 15. Mai 2004 23:05 schrieb J/:
> Hmm.   Yes, --with-package  was used during the build process.  Interesting
> that it doesn't influence the lookup path, would think it would in order to
> handle multiple packages being installed.  Most other packages do in my
> experience.  I'll have to talk with the PHP people about this again.
Hm thats not the aaim of the --with-package switch as you might move the
package or might install a new version in parallel and want to use it. If the
--with-package sets the lookup path too you allways would be forced to path
set uppon installation and could not change.
The proper way is to let os do the lookup base uppon path varaiables.
alternatively there should be a configuration file or an environment variable
telling php where to look for aspell. which may be adopt6ed.
Further it is not required that binaries, headers and libraries are located at
the same path -> /usr/bin and /usr/local for developement stuff ....

even worse when using windows most binary stuff is in the windows directory
and the rest somewhere in the programs directory.

cu
Christoph
ps wouls you mind using your real name and mail address when posting to this
list in the from field ?