[Aspell-user] aspell installer...

From: jsWalter
Subject: [Aspell-user] aspell installer...
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:18:07 -0600 (CST)

I installed Aspell on my PC last night.

I get "help" screen when I just do a 'aspell' at the prompt. OK.

I made a test.txt file. But some words, a few misspelled and ran a test...

   > aspell check test.txt

It told me it could not find the dictionary.

I figure I need a config file to tell it where the dictionary is.

(Please, a config file, not the registry)

Also...

The installer gave me these DLLs:
 - aspell-15.dll
 - pspell-15.dll

Did the installer place anythng in the WINDOWS or SYSTEM[32] directories?

Also...

Is there a snow balls change that a ZIP of the EXEs and DLLs can be
created and placed for download so I don't have to use the installer?

Why? I'd rather answer that quetion after I get things settled and running.

But to read where I'm going with this...

   http://web.torres.ws/walters_way

I hope someone can shed some light.

thanks

walter