Re: [Aspell-user] Cannot Build 0.60.1 --disable-nls on Solaris

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Cannot Build 0.60.1 --disable-nls on Solaris
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:47:28 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Vin Shelton wrote:

> Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Vin Shelton wrote:
> >
> >> I started from a freshly untarred aspell-0.60.1 and applied the patch,
> >> then ran configure and make.
> >
> > Ok does aspell-0.60 work (WITHOUT the patch)?
>
> No:

> prog/check_funs.cpp:334: error: `wget_wch' undeclared (first use this
> function)

It looks like the test for the "wide character support in curses library"
is passing but your system doesn't support all the required functions.
Or at least I am not including the right headers.  What does "man
wget_wch"  get you.  Assuming you know enough about C/C++ try including
additional headers suggest by the man page.  If that still fails than try
defining DEFINE_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED in "settings.h" if it is not already
defined.  Finally if that fails than try undefing HAVE_WIDE_CURSES in
"settings.h"  (by commenting out the line that defines it).  Please let me
know what you did to get it working.  "settings.h" gets created by
"./configure" so you will need to modify it after running config. I am
going to wait for your response before releasing aspell-0.60.1.1 so please
try to get to it ASAP.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org