Re: [Aspell-user] Anyone compiled aspell 0.60* with Solaris CC?

From: James Lee
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Anyone compiled aspell 0.60* with Solaris CC?
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:10:02 GMT

On 24/11/04, 02:17:10, Ian Veach <address@hidden> wrote regarding
[Aspell-user] Anyone compiled aspell 0.60* with Solaris CC?:

> Greetings.  We are in the process of upgrading our PHP and associated
> libraries, etc., and have been thusfar compiling all our (dependent)
> libraries with Sun's cc and not gcc.  Since we have dependencies both for
> aspell and from aspell already, and since we'd prefer a native compile if
> we can get it, we would prefer to try to get aspell compiled with CC (Sun
> C++ 5.6 2004/07/15).

> To that end, has anyone managed to accomplish this with the 0.60 tree?

Yes.
CC: Sun C++ 5.5 Patch 113819-09 2004/08/03

There are some problems with boolean values which I think are compiler
bugs.

I also have a consistent core dump problem with aspell-0.60, but it
happens with both g++ and CC.  I know where it core dumps but not why;
it core dumps because it has a wild memory pointer but the bad address
is generated a while before it is used.  Until I can find the reason
for the core dump I can't say if the compile is good.