[Aspell-user] Can't use Italian in ultra or fast sug_mode

From: Craig Nuttall
Subject: [Aspell-user] Can't use Italian in ultra or fast sug_mode
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:35:43 -0700 (PDT)

Running Aspell 0.60.2 on FreeBSD

I can run English in ultra sug_mode without problem.  Italian will properly identify misspelled words but will not return any suggestions when I try either ultra or fast, even for simple cases.  For example, the following will not return any suggestions:

cat /tmp/spelltextzE5gzw | /usr/local/bin/aspell -a --lang=IT --sug-mode=ultra
When I run in normal sug_mode, then it finds the same misspellings, and will now give suggestions.  The problem is that it is VERY CPU intensive and I simply cannot allow this.  Is there any way to get it working with ultra or fast mode, or any way to speed up normal mode?

Thank you!
-Craig