[Aspell-user] Another question regarding dictionaries

From: Nmap ×
Subject: [Aspell-user] Another question regarding dictionaries
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 03:12:02 -0500

First of all, thanks Mahesh T. Pai. I was able to get things set up nicely using your outline.

Now for my next quesiton. It turns out that aspell v0.5.3 doesn't allow for the use the "data-encoding" parameter in the en.dat file.
I was wondering what version specifically allows for it? (That is if anyone knows). As a followup,

I was following your guide on how to compile aspell under cygwin and msys/mingw. For some reason niether one worked for me.
In specific I'm wonding what I'm doing wrong concerning:

*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive libaspell.la.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-mingw32 shared

I removed the file that you mentioned in the manual but after removing it gcc failed to compile anything. (According to your configure script.)
I know you dislike Win32 quite a bit, but I'd really appreicate anything you'd say.

Thanks for developing aspell btw.