Re: [Aspell-user] (no subject)

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 08:21:34 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 12:43 AM
Subject: [Aspell-user] (no subject)

> I'm trying to install aspell on a windows xp machine.  I have
downloaded and installed Aspell-0-50-3-3-Setup.exe and
Aspell-en-0.50-2-3.exe  from the windows port web page.  However,
when I try to use the spell checker I get the following error
message:
>   No word lists can be found for the language "en".
>
> The only reference that I could find to this said that I should
set my path to include the aspell directory before trying to
install the dictionary.  I tried setting my path and then
reinstalled the above two files.  But the error has not gone
away.  Can anyone explain what I should do next?

---Reply---
You could try creating an aspell.conf file that configures the
language, dictionary and data directories as they exist on your
machine.
Perhaps you have noticed that that version of from a long time
ago.
You are welcome to try one of my port attempts. See
http://sourceforge.net/projects/descdatadiary . Note that all my
project packages includes Aspell as a sub-project. Also, some
versions are based on Aspell 0.60. Some on the CVS tree, which
has not been released. I consider all my versions to be alpha
status. It is my hope that someday, the Aspell main CVS tree will
not just be platform independent, but will compile with VC6 and
BCB5.5.