Re: [Aspell-user] [Cygwin+aspell] Error: The filter "tex" does notexist

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] [Cygwin+aspell] Error: The filter "tex" does notexist
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 07:55:42 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maki 1sy8" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:48 AM
Subject: Fwd: [Aspell-user] [Cygwin+aspell] Error: The filter
"tex" does notexist

On 4/11/06, Gary Setter <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Maki,

Thanks for the reply !

I can get the error if my  static_filters.src.cpp is not correct.
> This is a generated file that is included by
lib\new_filter.cpp.

I do NOT have his file in the lib/ subdir but in the gen/  subdir
!

Below is the array from my static_filters.src.cpp which defines
> the list of filters available.

static FilterEntry standard_filters[] = {
>     {"context",0,new_aspell_context_filter,0},

{"texinfo",new_aspell_texinfo_decoder,new_aspell_texinfo_filter,n
> ew_aspell_texinfo_encoder},
>     {"sgml",new_aspell_sgml_decoder,new_aspell_sgml_filter,0},

{"genconv",new_aspell_genconv_decoder,0,new_aspell_genconv_encode
> r},

{"tex",new_aspell_tex_decoder,new_aspell_tex_filter,new_aspell_te
> x_encoder},
>     {"url",0,new_aspell_url_filter,0},
>     {"nroff",0,new_aspell_nroff_filter,0},
>     {"email",0,new_aspell_email_filter,0},
>     {"html",new_aspell_html_decoder,new_aspell_html_filter,0}
>   };
>
> What does your static_filters.src.cpp file look like?

And I do NOT have this filters list inside this file anyway !!

The file is generated by gen/mk-static-filter.pl. I don't recall
> off the top of my head where it gets it's list of available
> filters, but it might be the list of  *.amf files.

I don't know much about those *amf files ?? Should I create some
first
before running copnfigure ??

You are also welcome to look at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/descdatadiary which uses Aspell
> with some changes.

What kind of changes ?

Regards,
1sy8

Attached : my static_filters.src.cpp file.

--- Reply 12 Apr 06  ----
Hi,
Your static_filters.src.cpp doesn't look very good to me.

In the tar ball I downloaded (aspell-0.60.4.tar.gz 11/1/05) I had
several amf files under this directory.
aspell-0.60.4/modules/filter/mode/
Please take a look at a listing of your tar archive and see if
you have them. You may need to reinstall.

Btw, I had a problem installing under cygwin. The parts of the
script that piped to the sort function hung on me. When I removed
strings like "| sort", I had a successful build. Keep in mind I'm
working from a memory that is not always reliable!

You ask what changes I made to Aspell. Good changes! Mostly my
changes were to make it compile with VC6 and Borlands BCB5.5.
Mostly, Aspell is a text application that depends on clib and
making it compatible with popular compilers makes it much more
useful. I also made my own library functions for parsing the text
to be checked. See aspell_speller_word_seperator_length() and
aspell_speller_word_length().