Re: [Aspell-user] How to create a wordlist from Aspell foragiveninstalle

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] How to create a wordlist from Aspell foragiveninstalled language?
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:18:48 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "David" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 6:35 AM
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] How to create a wordlist from Aspell
foragiveninstalled language?

> Stephen,
>
>   I was looking first into coes project but I was surpissed
about such tokens delimitor, because I don't understand well what
does mean: /VX,/P,/S, /RTVX, /LVX, etc. I replace them by
nothing, but I don't know if I am doing well.

>   Any way when I compile the word list with:
>
>   http://www.xmlmind.com/spellchecker/dictbuilder.shtml
>
>   it works, but the resulting dictionary is very poor, it
doesn't reconize simple words. That is why I was trying to the
word list directly from Aspell, especting to get a better input.

> Thanks,
>
>   David

Hi David,
Those "tokens delimiter" are Affix modifiers. Others have
prefixes and suffixes. Aspell has affixes. You can look in the
doc for a way to expand them into the full words.
Are you a part of some organization with an IT department? Did
you believe that you had a compiled Spanish Aspell dictionary
available from which you could extract a text word list? Based on
your posts, that does not seem to be the case. How about this,
look to the aspell.net web site for the word lists. Many of them
are compressed, but the compress utility is available from the
site as well (see compress.c).
Best regards,
Gary