[Aspell-user] long german words

From: Gitanjali Bhatia
Subject: [Aspell-user] long german words
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:20:42 -0700

Hi,

I am trying to spell check some german text in aspell, and there are some really long words which cause aspell to core dump. This happens both in the command line version and through the C++ interface to aspell. From all the reading that I have done on aspell, it seems that there isn’t a good way in place to detect run-together words in german. I am ok with not being able to spell check these words, but isn’t there a more graceful way to skip these words in aspell? Since it cores, the rest of the text does not get spell checked either.

Thanks

-Gitanjali