Re: [Aspell-user] aspell.conf is not recognized under windows

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] aspell.conf is not recognized under windows
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:20:09 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 7:19 AM
Subject: [Aspell-user] aspell.conf is not recognized under
windows

Hey,

I want to use aspell C-Api in a program and managed to get it
working
nicely, but
I need to provide the envvar LANG instead of being able to use a
aspell.conf in the home directory.
Also I tried to set the conf-dir via aspell_config_replace which
worked internally because a apsell_config_retrieve showed that
what I
have set. But the aspell.conf in this directory was not
recognized
too. also a .aspell.conf there did not work.

I tried it with aspell_config_clone, no success too.

btw. the new_aspell_speller is called afterwards of course, with
the
cloned or changed config as parameter.

the error what i do get is 'No word lists can be found for the
language "en_US" '
en_US I think is the default if no envvar or aspell.conf
respectively
.aspell.conf was found.

Any suggestions?

Ciao Ephraim

------ Reply -------
Hi Ciao,
I've had problems with changing settings. One problem was
initializing the speller properly. This is what I'm currently
doing in my setup code.
  AspellConfig * Config_;
  AspellSpeller * Speller_;
 Config_ = new_aspell_config();
 AspellCanHaveError * ret
  = new_aspell_speller(Config_);
 if (aspell_error(ret)) {
    const char *err_msg = aspell_error_message(ret);
    WIDEBUFF(msg, err_msg,strlen(err_msg),CP_ACP);
  MessageBox(HWnd, WSTR(msg, err_msg), _("Spell Check"),MB_OK);
  CmCancel(HWnd); //close the dialog
  return;
 }

 Speller_ = to_aspell_speller(ret);

You can find the whole source at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/descdatadiary
If you have more questions, you might mention which version of
aspell you are using.
One of the changes I made to the above changed where aspell.conf
was found. I made it look to the executable directory and to "My
Documents" for the user files like en.pws.